Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Dolls

Pin It Now! Aren't they cute together? Seriously, it looks like Darth has a soft side when he's cuddling up to a cute little blond dolly. These are the dolls I made as the kids' easter gift. Denny had seen me making Ashlyn's doll, so he knew I was going to sew him something, too. All week he kept trying to guess... is it a bunny? A dog? Finally, I told him that I was making him a blue princess doll (because blue is his favorite color, of course). He's use to my teasing, but I think part of him wondered if I was telling the truth. It was a quick and sloppy sewing job; I didn't even draw out the pattern first... just started cutting. Oh well, Denny could tell it who it was and loves him, so that's all that matters, right?
For Ashlyn's doll, I used The Black Apple doll pattern here. I made another black apple doll for Ashlyn last year with a painted face, but I guess my daughter drools too much in her sleep, because it's starting to bleed out. So for this doll, I played it safe and embroidered her facial features.

6 comments:

Janell said...

Those are awesome Jodi! I love the little Darth Vader. He looks so cuddly, just as I'm sure George Lucas intended him to be. :)

Kathi said...

Jodi, cute, cute, cute (as usual). It's good to see a picture of the kids.

Pamela said...

Those are SOOO wonderful! I love your talents!

christa elyce said...

I LOVE THE DOLLS!

Linda said...

Those dolls are awesome! Your are so talented! Thanks for sharing. See you soon.

Andrea said...

What awesome dolls! I think the girl doll is darling, but since I have five boys, that Darth Vader is THE BEST! Your kids are so cute too!