Thursday, August 28, 2008

1st Consignment Gig

Pin It Now!

*Update: My Business Bib Pattern is now available for purchase in my shop.

My first consignment gig! Scribbin' Sisters just opened a retail store in my area and they wanted to set up a baby boutique corner in their shop. My friend Janna hooked me up and will be selling her adorable baby items as well. Anyhoo, I adjusted a consignment agreement to suit me (pulled from the wonderful etsy forums), and I passed off 12 bibs to the store owner yesterday.

I wanted to make something classy to display my Business Bibs on in the store, so I cut some square wooded dowels into 12 inch pieces, stained them, coated them with polyurethane and screwed little hooks into them. I was happy with how they turned out. Here's a cute idea... make them a little shorter and a little girl could use them to hang her dollie's wardrobe.

15 comments:

Linda said...

Those are the cutest bibs ever!

Danielle K said...

These bibs are great!!! I would love to order one of these for my little guy due in December.

christa said...

where can i get these bibs? i don't see them in your etsy shop.
i love them, email me if you have time!!

Ashley said...

I came across your bibs on Pinterest and absolutely LOVE them! Do you have a tutorial for them-- or do you sell them anywhere? I'd love to either buy or make some.

grace :) said...

:O SO ADORABLE
I would appreciate it SOOOO much if you could post a tutorial or pattern for these. They'd make amazing gifts for all the boy babies being born! (and I don't want to bother trying to figure this out myself) :)

Liz said...

my son has cerebral palsy and due to drooling when he works hard physically, he still needs a bib... what sizes do these go up to... my son is turning 4 this December :) could you make a few in his size ?

The Rosenau's said...

the bibs are amazing! my sister is having a baby boy in Feb. and i always struggle with sewing boy stuff but this is perfect thanks for sharing! i'm a new follower and would LOVE if you followed back!

Leslie said...

I would love to either receive instructions on how to make these bibs or info. on how I can order one. Please let me know, they are really unique and adorable.

Jill said...

Darling! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Jill

Lisa Caron said...

I would love to know how to make these they are so aborable can I get a pattern I would be willing to pay for a pattern. Lisa

controlling craziness said...

So cute. Do you mind if I share these on my blog on Friday? I'll be sure to link back to you. I just think they are so cute.

Jodell said...

@ Christa - I'd be flattered if you shared these on your blog. Thank you for asking :)

Harriet said...

Would you please show me how to make these bibs? I have a new grandson. Harriet

Jodell said...

@Harriet - you can purchase my Business Bib Pattern in my etsy shop www.modestmaven.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

The bibs are amazing.This is perfect thanks for sharing!

Easy consignment